Thursday, May 5, 2011

Mother's Day Tea

Today Kendall had a Mother's Day Tea at her school. It was very sweet. The children sang three songs and then gave gifts that they had made for us. Kendall's eyes lit up when I walked in. I am a teacher, and only get two personal days a year. So, unfortunately I have to be very choosy on which activities that I go to. I always have someone go instead of me, but it isn't the same and I get that. Her teacher had a craft for us to do as well. It was a bug catcher jar that looked like a bee. Unfortunately, it had to be hot glued, so Kendall really just watched me make it, but she was still excited about it when it was done. I dropped her back with my sitter afterward the tea and raced to work afterwards. It was a very nice morning and wonderful to spend some much needed 1-on-1 time with Kendall.

Last night I worked late, and really didn't see the kids. The result was two children who needed a ton of attention this afternoon. So, we adventured out to a park about a mile from our house. Caleb rode his bike. Kendall and I walked. Caleb was so proud of himself that he made it all the way there and back. He is still very nervous while riding the bike. He muttered, "brake, steer, brake, steer..." when he went down hills. I am so excited for him. He is finally enjoying riding his bike as well. It is great progress!

No comments: