Saturday, July 7, 2012

Great America

 Caleb and I went to Great America. It has been such a hot summer, including this day. Terry and Kendall were originally supposed to come with us, but they complained that it was too hot, so Caleb and I went by ourselves. The temperatures hit around 100. Although we were hot, it was wonderful because there were no lines at all. For the majority of the rides, we got on immediately, then were told at the end of the ride if you wanted to ride again to stay on.
 Caleb was much more brave this year at Great America. He continues to have a fear of heights, but really enjoyed anything that spun around.
  We went on one ride that spun around, in every direction, 3 times and I finally had to say enough is enough!
 Caleb was very excited to meet Shaggy at the park. This was 1 line he wanted to wait in!
 When we began to get a bit to hot, we stopped for lunch. He had a cheeseburger and fries, which was pretty much all he could eat. I think next year we will bring a lunch for him. I brought him a snack and with the quick mention of food allergies, it was fine.

 Caleb's favorite area continued to be the little kid area. He rode each ride one time, but would have stayed on them all day if I wasn't so hot!
 We spent the final 2 hours or so at the water park. He loved the small lagoon, but they kicked everyone out to give the life guards a break. So we went to the wave pool. Caleb was enthralled with this pool. He had on a life jacket and wanted to go to the deep end. It has been years since I have been in a wave pool, and I forgot how strong that current is. It was amazing how we started in the deep end, but ended up in the shallow end each time.
I loved having a one-on-one day with Caleb. We had such a blast together.

No comments: