Sunday, October 30, 2011

It's Pumpkin Time!



Today we decided to carve our pumpkins. It is October 30th, so I guess it was now or never! Each of the kids chose a template to use. Kendall chose one with ghosts and Caleb chose one with a scary face. At first he wanted to draw it himself, but he quickly got frustrated. So, the template was a perfect alternative. Caleb in his normal picky fashion did not like any that came with our carving tools, so we had to look online. We quickly found one though.


Caleb loved cleaning out the pumpkin. Kendall did it, but wasn't thrilled with getting messy. It is funny how different their personalities are!
Terry got both of the pumpkin tops off. Then he carved out Kendall's pumpkin while I carved Caleb's pumpkin. Caleb's pumpkin was so THICK that apparently the knife I used didn't penetrate all the way through. So Terry finished it off.
I am not sure why I didn't get any photos of the finished pumpkins with the kids. So, I will have to take those tomorrow! They both turned out great.
After we cleaned up and did a house tidy the kids and I made pumpkin rice crispy treats. I dyed the marshmallow and butter mixture orange. We then formed balls with a Hershey kiss in the middle. We used a green gum drop for a stem on top. They turned out cute and yummy! The kids are planning on giving them to their teachers tomorrow.

No comments: