Sunday, September 4, 2011

Kendall's First Day of Preschool

Kendall had her first day of preschool last Monday. She was so excited about it! This year she is going to Fox Ridge and is in their community preschool program. Caleb had been their in the early childhood blended classroom for the past two years. So, it was nice that she was able to follow his footsteps.
Kendall does not have Miss Stephanie like Caleb. She moved schools this year. Instead, she has Mrs. Waugh. I think it is hilarious, because Kendall keeps calling her Waugh. When I try to correct her, she informs me that I am wrong. Kendall has told me that Waugh sings a lot of the same songs that Miss Melissa sang last year. She loves recess and playing with the toys. However, she has told me that she does not like the table time. This week she had to practice writing her name. She did it twice even though it was set up for her to write it 5 times. Silly girl! Of course, I made her finish it at home. She was also excited because she took home an easy reader like Caleb did for kindergarten. So, they both have homework reading their books. I am thrilled that both kids are loving school and off to a great start to the school year!

No comments: